About Our 24-hour Reporting Services
We help to tackle all forms of Hate Crime and discrimination by ensuring every person, regardless of identity, has someone to listen, believe, and advise them.
Our helplines and reporting app enable people to access independent support and information, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Who can access the Stop Hate Line?
This independent and confidential service is funded in certain areas of the country for people who want to report a Hate Crime or get support. If an incident happens in an area where we are funded, you can use the service. In addition to this, if you live in any of these areas, you can report any incident which happens in the UK.
What happens when I call the helpline?
Our helpline service is 100% confidential and independent.
- You can expect to be responded to by one of our operators with training and experience in working with people affected by hate crime.
- We will listen to you, believe you, and give you confidential and independent support throughout the process.
- We will ask for personal details for demographic monitoring purposes. It is completely up to you to share them. No details will be shared with any third-party agencies.
- We will log in details of the incident just as you describe it for our records. It will not be shared without your consent.
- Where appropriate, in instances where we cannot give you expertise and specialised support, we will refer you to other local agencies that may be able to help you better.
- We will never take anything to the police unless that is what you wish to do, in this case, Stop Hate UK will support you.
- We will never pressure you to do anything. We give you as a caller the autonomy of choosing your way to deal with your experience.
Call Hate out is a confidential 24-hour support service for young people under the age of 18 experiencing or witnessing a Hate Crime.
- The ability to report a Hate Crime Confidentially
- Support and guidance
- Advice on what to do next
If you would like to report a Hate Crime to Call Hate Out, check if your area is covered first and then call the number provided:
The Stop Hate UK Hate Crime Reporting App enables witnesses and those targeted because of their identity to report incidents of Hate Crime.
Here are just some of the features of our new App:
- Allows picture, video or audio recording to upload directly from the device
- Easy to use with details of local resources and information about Hate Crime and Discrimination
- Links directly to leading independent organisation or to the police in an emergency situation
- Allows a direct response to the person making the report and referrals to appropriate organisations (including the police)
- GPS enabled to help plot the exact location of incidents
- Quarterly reports to monitor usage information and statistics
- No Pre-registration is required so reports can be anonymous
*App availability is subject to specific areas being commissioned.
Stop Hate UK app is available in a number of locations in the UK.
To download the app, go to Apple App Store or Google Play Store and simply search ‘Stop Hate UK’.
Find out how you can fund Stop Hate UK services in your area
What is Hate Crime
Learn what Hate Crime is, UK laws on Hate Crime and how to tackle it