Design a Hate Crime Poster and you could WIN a Waterstones Voucher and a Stop Hate UK Goody Bag!
Community Action Sutton and Stop Hate UK are launching a competition for Young People to help raise awareness of Hate Crime in the London Borough of Sutton.
We would like you to design a poster about Hate Crime, how it can be prevented, and how to report it. This can relate to any aspect of Hate Crime you feel is relevant. The winning posters will form the basis of designs used for a promotional campaign in Sutton and will be judged on both information and design.
A hate crime is any act of hostility which is perceived by anyone to have been targeted at someone’s identity: gender, race, faith group, ethnicity, disability or sexuality.
There are three separate age categories. These are 8-12, 13-15 and 16-25. The winners will receive Waterstones vouchers up the value of £20 and Stop Hate UK Merchandise. Full terms and conditions, as well as full details of how to enter can be found below:
Sutton – Poster Competition Entry Details
- Closing date – The closing date for entries to this competition is 21/09/2020. Entries received after this date will be ineligible.
- How to enter – You can submit your entry emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit your entry via post to Sutton Poster Competition, Community Action Sutton, Granfers Community Centre, 73-79 Oakhill Rd, Sutton, SM1 3AA.
- The winners – winners will be selected by our judges and notified by email. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winning designs will be digitised for publication on the promoter and their partners’ social media pages and/or website. Any contact details supplied will only be retained for use when contacting the winners, and will be permanently deleted from our records one week after the closing date above.
Further parental permissions, including permission to use prize-winners’ photos and artwork in publicity and reporting, will be sought from winning entrants as necessary.
- Details to provide with your entry – on your email please state your:
First and last name
Age category 8 to 11, 12 to 15 or 16 to 25
First part of residential postcode (e.g. SM12)
*If you are unable to provide an email or school contact, please supply a phone number for contact in case your entry is selected as a winner.
- Prize details – The prizes consist of a goody bag from Stop Hate UK plus a voucher worth £10, £15 or £20 from Waterstone’s. No cash alternative is available.
- Entry restrictions – Entry is open to all residents and those attending educational establishments in the London Borough of Sutton, aged from 8 to 25 years old. Entries submitted from any other areas or from those outside the age restrictions will not be considered.
- Whether a purchase is required – No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
The promoters of this competition are Community Action Sutton and Stop Hate UK.
You can download the full entry details and Terms and Conditions by clicking here.