Jobs & volunteer at Stop Hate UK
1. Job Vacancies
The following shifts are available: Tuesdays 6pm-10pm, Saturday 2pm-6pm
We are seeking to appoint Helpline Operators to join our dedicated team.
Are you the experienced, flexible worker we need?
You will be responsible for providing support and advice to anyone affected by Hate Crime by telephone and electronic communication. Excellent communication skills are essential along with good IT skills.
This is a home-based job, but the post holder must be prepared to travel to Leeds on a regular basis for training and support.
For more information about the role and to apply please download the following Application Pack documents and complete and return the Application Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10.00am on Friday 15th June 2018.
2. Become a Trustee of Stop Hate UK
We are currently looking for highly skilled Trustees to join the Board of Stop Hate UK. If you have a strong interest or background in Hate Crime and would like to make a difference at Board level, then we would love to hear from you.
We would particularly welcome applications from people with strong skills in the following areas:
- Strategic Financial Management
- Digital Development
- Facilities Management
- Health and Safety
Trustees Of Stop Hate UK are expected to:
- Attend a minimum of 4 Board Meetings per year, held in either Leeds or London
- Attend an AGM and annual Strategy Day
- Bring knowledge, skills and input to Board meetings
- Contribute advice and support on an ad hoc basis
- Attend events as required
- You may also be required to attend a sub group which is usually held by conference call
Although we have indicated the particular skills we are currently recruiting for, we always welcome applications from committed and motivated people with a variety of skill sets, so please do not be deterred from applying.
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee of Stop Hate UK, please email email@example.com to express your interest in the first instance.
3. Become a volunteer at Stop Hate UK
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Stop Hate UK.
Stop Hate UK has the following opportunities:
Office-based volunteers in Leeds who have an interest in administration or awareness raising particularly around Faith Hate Crime. For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below
Volunteers who are interested in challenging Hate in innovative ways and who would be available attend to training. For further details contact email@example.com.
New applicants for other volunteer positions can still complete the form but applications will be held with us until we plan to start another induction programme.
Become a volunteer Stop Hate UK local representative:
Raise awareness of Hate Crime and the work of Stop Hate UK in your local area (town/city/community) and mobilize people to action.
Reps help us by:
- Distributing Stop Hate UK promotional materials, posters, leaflets
- Encouraging people locally to follow Stop Hate UK on Facebook, Twitter, email distribution lists, e-news
- Attending and hosting local meetings and conferences relevant to Hate Crime
- Spreading the word – organising an event, inviting a Stop Hate UK worker to speak at your community centre, faith group, workplace or club
- Organising fundraising activities to support our work
Each rep brings their own unique flavour and personality to Stop Hate UK, which leaves you entirely free to make best use of your expertise and contacts.