Stop Hate UK provide Hate Crime reporting services in your area.
Report here www.stophateuk.org/talk/
There are other organisations in your area that may be able to help you.
Stop Hate UK accepts no responsibility for the views expressed and content of these sites.
Find local services, groups and agencies. Click here.
Derbyshire Crime/Anti-Social Behaviour/Victim Support
- Police non-emergency – 101
- Victim Support – 01457 862150
- Derbyshire Police
- Safer Derbyshire
- Derby Diversity Forums
Derbyshire Local Authority
- Derbyshire County Council – 01629 533190
- High Peak District Council Customer Services Number to report Hate Crime – 01298 28400
- Derby City Council: General Enquiries - 01332 293111
- Derby City Council: Adult Social Services – 01332 717777
- Derby City Council: Child Social Services – 01332 716924
- Derby City Council: Health & Safety complaints – 01332 716163
- Derby City Council: Housing (repairs, emergency numbers, etc) – 01332 718800
- Derby City Council: Housing (repairs, emergency numbers, etc) – 01332 711000
- Derbyshire Housing Aid – 01332 287850
- Amber Valley Housing – 01773 573100
- Amber Valley Homelessness – 08456 058 058
- Chesterfield District Council – 01246 345345
- Dales Housing Limited ( Derbyshire Dales District Housing Company ) - 01629 593200
- Three Valleys Housing ( Manage Erewash Valley Housing ) - 0844 770 3501
- High Peak Community Housing – 01298 28430
- Rykneld Housing ( North East Derbyshire ) – 01246217670
- South Derbyshire District Council – 01283 595953
- Derwent Living – 01332 346 477
- East Midlands Housing Association – 01530 839091
- Anchor Trust – 0845 140 2020
- Northern Counties Housing – 08456049000
- Derby Young Homeless Project – 01332 222929
- Longhurst Housing Association – 0845 30 90 700
Derbyshire Domestic Violence/Sexual Violence
- Derbyshire Domestic Abuse Services Helpline - 0800 0198 668
- Womens Aid – 01246 540444
- National Women’s Aid – 0808 2000247
- High Peak and Derbyshire Dales Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0800 019 8668
- Derbyshire Dales and High Peak Refuge – 01457 856675
- Next Step (South Derbyshire) – 0800 0198668
- Karma Nirvana – Honour Based Violence Helpline – 0800 5999 247
- Hadhari Nari – Derby City – 01332 270101
Derbyshire LGBT services
- Derbyshire Friend covers Derby, South Derbyshire, Amber Valley, Erewash and Ashbourne areas - 01332 207704
- Derbyshire Sexual Health Service (Formerly CASH project) covers Chesterfield and Buxton areas – 01246 559431
- LGBT Switchboard - 01332 349333
- Derbyshire Friend LGBT Youth Forum ‘Love Knows No Gender’ – 01332207704
- Gender Twist from Within – Transgender – 07704 995705
- Derbyshire Confidential LGB&T Switchboard advice, information and a listening ear. 01332 349333
- Derbyshire Friend LGBT Youth Forum ‘Love Knows No Gender’Group for young people aged 12-25. 01332207704. email:email@example.com
- Derbyshire Friend Women’s Zone Group for lesbian, bisexual and trans women. 01332207704.
- Open Out Confidential Support Services for LGBTs across Derbyshire. One-to-one support; drop in, women’s group, youth group. Contactsarah.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Derby and Derbyshire Race Equality Council – 01332 372428
- Derbyshire CommunityDerby Gypsy Liasion Group – 01629 732744
Derbyshire Refugees And Asylum Seekers
- Derby Refugee and Asylum Advice Centre – 01332 347 947
- Asylum Aid (National) – 020 7247 8741
- E-Mac Derby – Eastern European Migrants advice – 01332 603430
- Derby Bosnia-Hercegovina Community Association – 01332 294436
Derbyshire Youth Services
- Choices Youth Group for young people making choices about their sexuality – 01332 206027
- Connexions – Helpline – 080 800 13 2 19
Derbyshire Older People
- Age Concern Information & Advice Line – 01773 768240
- Voice UK – Learning Disabilities Helpline – 01332 291042
- Disability Direct – Derby City – 01332 299449
- Derbyshire Coalition for Inclusive Living (Head Office) – 01773 740246
Derbyshire Counselling/Mental Health
- Derbyshire Mind – 01332 345966
- Derbyshire Voice – Mental Health support - 01773 144537
- Amber Trust (Independent Living) – Amber Valley – 01773 599599
- P3 (Independent Living – Social Inclusion) – Erewash – 0115 9306661
Derbyshire Advocacy/Legal Advice
- Derby Citizens Advice and Law Centre – 01332 295711
- Derby Community Legal Advice – 01332 228700
- Derbyshire Advocacy – 01332206505
- Chesterfield Law Centre (Free Specialist Legal Service) – 01246 550674
- Chesterfield Citizens Advice Bureau - 01246 209164
- South Derbyshire CAB – Swadlincote – 01283 210107
- North East Derbyshire CAB Clay Cross – 0844 8489800
Libraries in Derby and Derbyshire make it easier to report hate crime
People who have suffered from crimes motivated by hostility towards their race, faith, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity can now report incidents without going to a police station.
Libraries in Derby and Derbyshire are offering Stop Hate UK signposting services to victims of hate crime.
They are providing an alternative place where a victim, or someone concerned about a victim, can report hate crime incidents without having to speak directly with police.
Staff at libraries in both the city and county will support victims and witnesses, to access the Stop Hate UK service by use of a telephone or computer terminal.
The service is victim led and library staff can help discuss the options with those wanting to report a hate crime, and can support them in which option they take.
Inspector Ian Davey, Diversity Manager for Derbyshire police said: “Many hate crimes go unreported because victims may feel they don’t want to bother the police, are uncomfortable talking to an officer about their experiences or might not want anyone to see a police officer visiting their house.
“Victims may find it easier and more comfortable reporting hate incidents at their local library, which can offer a supportive and confidential environment. This means that the police can take action and help stop offenders from getting away with crimes which may previously have not been reported.”
Councillor Hilary Jones, Cabinet Member for Leisure and Culture at Derby City Council, said: “This innovative scheme will help tackle incidents of hate crime in our community and will offer a neutral environment to help victims come forward.
“It is important that we send out a clear message that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated and through supporting victims to report hate crime we will get a step closer to eradicating this heinous crime.”
Stop Hate UK is a charity that provides independent and confidential support to people affected by hate crime.
It aims to raise awareness and understanding of discrimination and hate crime, to encourage reporting and support the individuals and communities it affects.
As part of the service, people can call a free 24 hour helpline, go online or contact the organisation through post or text to report hate incidents.
To contact Stop Hate UK call 0800 138 1625 or visit the website www.stophateuk.org.
You may also find the support you are looking for on our page of national support agencies.