1. Jobs & Volunteer at Stop Hate UK
Hate Crime Community Engagement Worker
(Based in London Borough of Sutton)
Temporary until May 2021
37 Hours Per Week
This is a very exciting opportunity to deliver our Hate Crime pilot project for the London Borough of Sutton and build a more resilient and sustainable response to Hate Crime across the Borough.
You will engage with communities and key partners, to ensure buy-in, build community strengths and capacity, develop multi-sector networking, deliver Hate Crime training and advocacy, and implement a sustainable exit strategy.
LOCATION: London Borough of Sutton
SALARY: £28 396 per annum (inclusive of London Weighting)
For more information about the role and to apply please download the following Application Pack documents and complete and return the Application Form by email to email@example.com by 10.00am on 24th July 2020.
Interviews likely to be held on 4th August 2020 by Zoom.
2. Become a Trustee of Stop Hate UK
We are currently reviewing our needs and have a number of applications to consider so we are not taking any new enquires at this time.
3. Become a Stop Hate UK local volunteer:
Volunteers are vital to our our work to help raise awareness of Hate Crime and the work of Stop Hate UK in your local area.
Volunteers can help us by:
- Distributing Stop Hate UK promotional materials, posters, leaflets
- Raising awareness of Hate Crime and the work carried out by Stop Hate UK
- Encouraging people to follow and share Stop Hate UK’s social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Attending and hosting local meetings and events relevant to Hate Crime, on behalf of Stop Hate UK
- Spreading the word – organising an event at your local community centre, faith group, workplace or club/associations
- Organising fundraising activities to support our work
Stop Hate UK volunteers are fully supported in their work and can bring their own unique skills and personality and energy to help us raise awareness of Hate Crime across their local area.